Theme of Olympic Day 2022 is ‘Together for a Peaceful World’
IPR / Our Bureau
KOHIMA, June 13 2022: The Nagaland Olympic Association (NOA) will join the global sports fraternity in commemorating the Olympic Day on June 25 at Indira Gandhi Stadium, Kohima.
The Nagaland Olympic Association through a press release stated that the theme of the Olympic Day 2022 is "Together for a Peaceful World". The event will be a platform for spreading the message of peace, unity and oneness through sporting ambassadors and youth of the State.
The following running races will be held -
1. 600 Meters for Officials and invited dignitaries (Women & Men)
2. 800 Meters for Veterans (Women & Men)
3. 400 Meters (Under 12 years Girls & Boys)
4. 800 Meters (Under 14 years Girls & Boys)
5. 800 Meters (Under 16 years Girls & Boys)
6. 1500 Meters (Open Category Women & Men)
The NOA has invited all sections of the people to come forward and participate in the races and join the global sports community to spread the message of peace while celebrating sport. All individuals, schools, colleges, educational institutions, government and non-government institutions have been invited to participate.
All participants will be awarded with participation certificates. Top five winners in all categories will be awarded Merit Certificates. There will be no entry fee. The last date of entry is June 23 2022.
For entries and queries, one may contact the Office of Nagaland Olympic Association, Kohima through the following contacts -
1. N Khatsu - Mobile 8259023640
2. Kajiiloni Krichena - Mobile 7085333972